Stay Busy this Spring Break
Find a list of curated fun activities the whole family will enjoy!
To keep away boredom this Spring Break, United Way has come up with a few free activities to keep you and your family busy all week long!
- Go to the park! You can walk around or play on the playground. If you don’t want to be on the play structure, you can bring a ball or Frisbee and play catch. You can also bring a blanket and have a picnic in the park. The possibilities are endless!
- Have fun indoors. There are plenty of museums in our area. Here’s a few that you can check out – Crocker Art Museum, Powerhouse Science Center, Sacramento Children’s Museum
- Zoos & Aquariums! There are also zoos and aquariums in our region. Check out Sacramento Zoo (along with Fairy Tale Town and Funderland), Folsom Zoo Sanctuary Friends, and SeaQuest
- Attend a Sports Game! There are local professional teams that have home games in April. Maybe you want to check out a baseball game or a soccer game!
- Get Crafty & Make Something! Here are a few things that you can make with items around the house – playdough, slime and bubbles. If you’re feeling crafty, you could draw a picture, paint, write and act out a play. Lots of possibilities!
- Got Card Games? Other things you can do during Spring Break include playing card games or board games, listening to new music, or immersing yourself in a new book!
At UWCCR, we have also created a Spring Break Challenge and ask that you join us! You must have parent permission to participate.
Monday: Try five new things this week! Grab a friend to join you for more fun. What will you try this week?
Wednesday: Start thinking about saving. What do you want to save for?
Thursday: What is on your reading list this week? Can you finish a whole book before school starts again?
Friday: Spend time doing your favorite activity. Get the whole family involved. Is it creating silly stories or a favorite game?
With parent approval permission, share your daily Spring Break activities with us all week long.
Facebook: @UWCCR Instagram: @UnitedWayCCR or use the #UWCCRSpringBreak
Questions? Contact: Diana Vo at (916) 856-3983