Host a Booth
Join United Way California Capital Region and Robla Community Association for the Robla Family Festival, a free family-friendly festival to kick off the school year. This community event attracts 200 local families and children and features local food, entertainment, businesses, nonprofits and neighborhood services. This event is produced in partnership with the Robla Community Association.
How can you make your Robla Family Festival booth a hit?
This is a family-friendly event, so have fun and create an interactive experience for kids and parents. Here are some popular activities and ideas from last year:
Wear a costume
Crafts for kids
Exhibits to display
Hands-On Activities – Learning by Participating
Visual Displays – Learning by Seeing
Giveaways (stickers, key chains, kid toys, etc.!)
Prize Drawing – Have guests enter to win
One creative example from a past festival: An insurance company had a small pool filled with water and little rubber duckies allowing kids to “fish” out a prize making their booth was fun and interactive.
*All contents must fit in your 10ftx10ft allotted booth space*
FESTIVAL VENDOR FAQs
• Event: Robla Family Festival
• When: Saturday, September 21, 2019
• Location: Robla Community Park, 625 Bell Ave, Sacramento, CA 95838
• Festival Hours: 10:00am – 1:00 pm
o Event Set up: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
o Event Tear down: 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
• Vendor Fees: There is no fee to participate in this community event.
• For more information: Contact Kula Koenig at Kula.Koenig@uwccr.org
• Booth space: 10’x10’
• Booth space does not have electricity and no wifi provided
• Wood 8’ table and 2 chairs will be provided; NO TENT PROVIDED
• Vendor location will be assigned and provided upon check-in
• Booths must be completely set up by 9:30am
• All vendor booths should remain open until 1 p.m. when the event concludes
• The vendor is responsible for leaving the vendor area in the condition that it was originally received, i.e. removal of all debris such as boxes and trash
Limited parking is available at the park for guests. Overflow parking for vendors and exhibitors is available at Taylor Street Elementary School across Bell Avenue on Taylor Street.
• Submit an application by August 26, 2019
online at INSERT LINK or scan and email this form
• Limited vendor spaces are available; the event committee reserves the right to select the most appropriate vendors from the applicant pool to ensure a diverse mix of quality items.
• Upon festival confirmation, you will be given further instructions regarding event logistics.
EVENT SET UP & TEAR DOWN
• Vendor set-up is on Saturday, September 21
from 8:30 am until 9:30 am.
• All vendors are responsible for tear down and clean-up of their booth space. Tear down is on Saturday, September 21 from 1 pm until 2:30 pm. You are not permitted to begin tear down early.
• All vendors (excluding Food Trucks) will have
space for a 10×10 pop-up tent or canopy (unless additional space
is worked out in advance.)
• There will be limited space between vendor booths.
• Vendors are required to have items needed for their booth, including a tent/canopy, tables, chairs, etc.
• Electricity and other utilities are not provided.
• Gas generators are only allowed with pre-approval, however anything battery powered is acceptable.
• Additional information to follow after selection confirmation.
• NO STYROFOAM or other non-recyclable or
non-compostable item may be distributed. Please ask your supplier
about “green” alternatives. Let’s avoid single use
• You must take all of your waste with you at the end of each day, or take it to one of our appropriate dumpsters. Do not fill our garbage containers in the park.
• Please have all of your necessary paperwork onsite.