Woodland Kids Read & Dream Goes Online
Although Woodland schools have converted to distance learning, United Way remains committed to supporting literacy.
Young children who are introduced to early language, books, and literacy experiences tend to read sooner and excel in school. Woodland Kids Read & Dream supports early childhood literacy by making reading fun for young kids.
During this celebration of reading all first graders in
• Watch videos of community celebrities reading their favorite children’s books
• Enjoy interactive storytelling Zoom session by Yolo County author Sandy Holman
• Are invited to join Woodland Public Library’s reading program
As a result of the 2019 Woodland Kids Read event,
- 837 children received a personalized backpack, schools supplies and 2 brand new books
- 60 volunteers came spent a day to read to local children to share their passion for books
- 2,074 books were donated to local classrooms