Volunteer Opportunities at United Way
Be a part of the movement. Make a difference and volunteer at United Way California Capital Region as we create real lasting change in our communities.
AARP Experience Corps
Volunteers are the backbone of this program. AARP Foundation Experience Corps matches volunteers age 50 and up with students in kindergarten through third grade to help them improve their reading skills.
Free Tax Prep
IRS-certified volunteers complete an intensive training to provide free basic tax return preparation with electronic filing and informing taxpayers about tax credits for which they may qualify. VITA sites are located at community and neighborhood centers, schools and more. No background in finance needed.
Corporate/Group Volunteer Projects
Request now. (Please allow 2 weeks when requesting a group project. We will contact you within several days of receiving your request)
Collect Items/Hold a Drive
Items you collect make a big difference for Square One partners. Here’s how to hold a collection drive in 5 easy steps:
1. Use the suggested lists below to decide what to collect.
2. Tell us what you’re collecting so we can connect you with the school or nonprofit who will benefit most from your generosity. Drop us a line at email@example.com to get started.
3. Hold your drive! We found some helpful hints you may want to check out.
4. Arrange drop-off or pick-up directly with the school or nonprofit we connected you with.
5. Send a picture of your results to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can brag about how awesome you are.
Corporate Volunteer Council
The Corporate Volunteer Council gives members a chance to network with local businesses to learn best practices for building and fostering a strong employee volunteer program. On a regular basis, members learn about some of our region’s most known and unknown nonprofit organizations and how companies can get involved to help.
United Way California Capital Region serves as one of the intermediaries in the Sacramento region for the AmeriCorps VISTA program. In partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service, we are pleased to bring 20 AmeriCorps VISTA members to our region to build capacity, expand program reach and ultimately improve the lives of those in our communities who need it most.