Follow these simple steps to train and certify to be a tax preparation volunteer.
STEP #1: MATERIALS TO HELP YOU STUDY
A variety of materials are available to help you complete your training and certify. If you are new to our program, we advise you begin with the orientation videos.
- Coming Soon
- Publication 4491: Training Guide
- Publication 4012: Volunteer Resource Guide
- Publication 4961: Volunteer Standards of Conduct Training
- Publication 5101: Intake/Interview & Quality Review Training
- Publication 6744: Test/Retest
- Please note that the test questions in the 6744 booklet may differ from the test questions through the online test.
STEP #2: PLAY AROUND IN PRACTICE LAB
To complete some of the exercises for the certification, you will want to access the tax preparation software. The password for the practice lab is TRAINPROWEB (all caps). You can access the Practice Lab here.
STEP #3: ARE YOU READY TO CERTIFY?
To register and complete certification go to www.linklearncertification.com.
Volunteers may contact our program coordinators at any time
Program Manager: Debi Linderholm, email@example.com or (916)856-3978