Manager, Resource Development
Reports to: Director of Resource
Department: Resource Development & Marketing
Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Salary Range: $54,080 – $56,000 dependent on candidate’s experience and qualifications
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision 100% coverage for staff and dependents
Status: Accepting applications until July 3
The Development Manager is responsible for conducting fundraising programs in partnership with assigned corporate accounts throughout UWCCR’s five-county service area: Amador, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento and Yolo. The Manager is responsible for maintaining and enhancing existing relationships with corporations assisting them with all of their annual corporate social responsibility strategies. The Manager is responsible for achieving or surpassing goals for donor participation and giving; also for meeting or exceeding client expectations for quality and account service within his/her portfolio of accounts. The Manager coordinates closely with the other Managers in the Resource Development department. The Manager may assist the Director in supervising Leaders United participants and other volunteers as they are available. Ultimately, this position is responsible for assuring effective UWCCR fundraising.
• Develop, implement, manage and constantly
evaluate fundraising activities for corporations in the assigned
• Achieve targets for donor participation, total contributions and market penetration for assigned portfolio.
• Maintain relationships with assigned accounts to ensure their continued participation, support and satisfaction with UWCCR’s services.
• Maintain and enhance relationships with donors in account portfolio.
• Interfaces with the Operations Department on matters that include dealing with pledge processing, customer relationship management and donor designations.
• Facilitates and conducts presentations on United Way’s behalf.
• Ensures completion of training sessions and leadership meetings, if applicable.
• Collaborate with other United Ways in the region and nationally to ensure a cohesive approach to servicing assigned national accounts.
• Works with United Way participants and other campaign volunteers, when applicable.
• Function as a positive and contributing member of the Resource Development team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and
written, including the ability to communicate well in a variety
of settings with a variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to develop strong rapport and relationships with stakeholders.
• Knowledge of fundraising best practices and/or sales fundamentals.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create results through influence management.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Ability to develop and use creative and innovative methods and the judgment to know when innovation makes sense.
• Ability to use independent judgment and make sound decisions.
• Ability to effectively coordinate with other United Ways.
• Ability to build and retain quality relationships with business and community leaders.
• Ability to appropriately represent United Way in public settings.
• Good proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to utilize social media as a tool for marketing and communication.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business,
Communications, Marketing or a related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in these or related fields such as sales, ideally with 1-2 years of experience fundraising.
• Experience developing and implementing successful fundraising initiatives.
• Experience with account or client management.
• Experience working directly with donors on fundraising efforts.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Extensive oral communication with coworkers,
potential donors, media and the public in settings ranging from
one-on-one to large groups including formal and informal
presentations, training sessions and question and answer
sessions, and by telephone.
• Work in an office environment, lift and move objects up to 40 pounds such as large binders, books, boxes, and small office equipment.
• Have sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate and adjust office equipment such as telephone, computer, and calculator.
• Sit at a desk for long periods of time.
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• React quickly under high pressure settings.
• Willingness to travel locally and overnight via plane, train or private vehicle.
• Ability to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to maintain a polished professional appearance.
• Occasional exposure to dirt, dust, cold, heat.
• Constant public contact.
• Constant decision making and concentration.
Possession of an appropriate California operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, and adequate automobile insurance; possession and maintenance of a good driving record (as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violation for at least a two-year duration) that does not contribute to an increase in UWCCR insurance rates.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Stacy.Wolfenberger@uwccr.org. Only resumes with a cover letter will be reviewed.