Marketing & Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Date: December 2018
Please apply by January 4, 2019
Reporting to Director of Marketing & Communications, United Way California Capital Region’s Marketing & Events Manager is a key member of the Resource Development and Marketing team with high quality and high volume expected output. The Marketing & Events Manager manages a broad range of marketing projects and special events, and is involved in most day to day activities of the department. The Marketing & Events Manager assists with the creation of special events, the creation and management of digital content, and the generation of marketing materials. Ultimately, this position is responsible for helping to develop marketing tools and events that directly support fulfillment of UWCCR’s mission and vision and achievement of its strategic plan and business plan objectives.
- Assist with overall marketing planning and objective setting
- Assist in the development of effective marketing strategies that support United Way’s fundraising and community investment activities resulting in strong positioning in the regional community.
- Serve as a project manager for marketing collateral materials.
- Lead the creation and implementation of event marketing.
- Assist with marketing and events of United Way’s affinity groups.
- Track digital social media KPIs and optimize marketing activities
- Assist with the production and management of all internal and external organizational communications, including employee communications, donor communications and volunteer communications.
- Plan, create and schedule fresh, engaging content for all digital channels including social, website and e-news.
- Interface with all key departments to gather announcements/newsworthy items and disseminate as appropriate.
- Identify, establish, and cultivate relationships with social media influencers (locally, nationally, and internationally), media, partners, and other institutions.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, and new opportunities with social media.
- Develop and execute electronic newsletter.
- Conceptualizes, manages and plans United Way events.
- Manage on-site set up, production and take down for each event.
- Manage sponsorship fulfillment.
- Supervise and coordinate with event contractors.
- Train and educate staff on proper event procedures.
- Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the events and marketing budgets.
- Function as a positive and contributing member of the United Way team.
- Work closely with internal event planning committees and other members of the United Way team.
- Negotiate agreements with outside vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field with 3-5 years of experience in these or related fields
- Experience managing large-scale events
- Experience writing and managing digital content including social media, web, and e-news
- Experience working with a designer and managing collateral production projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fast mover and thinker with high level of creativity
- Self-starter who needs little direction or guidance
- High level of energy and dynamic personality
- Hard worker with outstanding work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to communicate well in a variety of settings with a variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications best practices.
- Knowledge of content creation for digital media including web, social media and e-news
- Ability to use independent judgment and make sound decisions
- Ability to build and retain quality relationships
- Ability to effectively coordinate with other organizations
- Ability to appropriately represent United Way as a public spokesperson.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Nice to have knowledge of graphic design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop and In Design.
- High level of proficiency with social media networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Analytics etc. Nice to have knowledge of Hootsuite or other social media management tools.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Communicate orally with coworkers and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one setting; moderate size (up to 50) group settings (gives information, and responds to questions), and by telephone.
- See and hear within normal range.
- Constant overall vision, eye-hand coordination; frequent color perception, reading/close-up work, field of vision/peripheral.
- Sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Work in an office environment, lift and move objects up to 40 pounds such as large binders, books, boxes, and small office equipment.
- Have sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate and adjust office equipment such as telephone, computer, and calculator.
- React quickly under high pressure settings.
- Willingness to travel locally and overnight via plane, train or private vehicle.
- Ability to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to maintain a polished professional appearance.
- Occasional exposure to dirt, dust, cold, heat.
- Constant public contact.
- Frequent decision making and concentration.
Possession of an appropriate California operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, and adequate automobile insurance; possession and maintenance of a good driving record (as evidenced by the absence of multiple or serious traffic violations for at least a two-year duration) that does not contribute to an increase in UWCCR insurance rates.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Lisa Martinez at email@example.com. Only resumes with a cover letter and resume attached will be considered. No phone calls, please.