Manager, Action Group Membership & Stewardship
Reports to: Senior Director, Individual &
Department: Resource Development & Marketing
Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision 100% coverage for staff and dependents
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000, dependent on candidate’s experience & qualifications
Date: December 2, 2019
The Manager of Action Group Membership & Stewardship is responsible for managing United Way’s two action groups – the Young Leaders Society and Women United. This position is responsible for achieving or surpassing goals for participation and giving. The Manager coordinates closely with the Resource Development department to engage, recruit and steward United Way donors and action group supporters inside and outside of workplace campaigns. This position is also accountable for stewardship activities and overall retention rates. Ultimately, the Manager is responsible for assuring UWCCR meets or exceeds goals for the Action Groups, advances member outreach and cultivates community relationships.
• Engage, steward and enhance relationships
with Action Group Leadership Council, members and donors.
• Develop, implement and manage United Way’s Young Leaders Society and Women United programs and activities.
• Lead and manage volunteer councils for United Way’s Young Leaders Society and Women United.
• Connect local action group efforts with regional and international Women United and Young Leaders Society resources, leadership and members.
• Coordinate with Resource Development team to engage, recruit and steward United Way donors and action group members within workplace campaigns.
• Lead stewardship efforts for the Resource Development & Marketing Team and increase retention rates for individual, state and workplace donors.
• Develop, implement and track stewardship outreach, including individual touch points.
• Collaborate with Senior Director of Leadership Giving, on moves management and step-up programs for individual donors.
• Conduct presentations about United Way and action groups.
• Interface with the Finance and Operations Department on matters that include dealing with pledge processing, customer relationship management and donor designations.
• Interface with the Impact Department on matters that include impact work, results, volunteer opportunities, etc.
• Function as a positive and contributing member of the Resource Development and Marketing team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of fundraising and membership best
• Ability to develop strong rapport and relationships with community members.
• Knowledge and expertise of donor stewardship and individual engagement best practices.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to communicate well in a variety of settings with a variety of stakeholders.
• Experience and expertise working with volunteers and volunteer committees.
• Ability to use independent judgment and make sound decisions.
• Ability to effectively coordinate with other United Ways.
• Ability to build quality relationships with donors, businesses and community leaders.
• Ability to appropriately represent United Way in public settings.
• Good proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to utilize social media as a tool for marketing and communication.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business,
Communications, Marketing or a related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in fundraising and/or member engagement.
• Experience developing and implementing successful membership initiatives.
• Experience with individual donor engagement and management.
• Experience working directly with donors on fundraising efforts.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Extensive oral communication with coworkers,
potential donors, media and the public in
settings ranging from one-on-one to large groups including formal and informal presentations, training sessions and question and answer sessions.
• Work in an office environment, lift and move objects up to 40 pounds such as large binders, books, boxes, and small office equipment.
• Have sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate and adjust office equipment such as telephone and computer.
• Use telephone, laptop, computer, monitor, mouse, keyboard, printer/copier, calculator and standard office equipment.
• React quickly under high pressure settings.
• Willingness to travel locally and overnight via plane, train or private vehicle.
• Ability to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to maintain a polished professional appearance.
• Occasional exposure to dirt, dust, cold, heat.
• Constant public contact.
• Constant decision making and concentration.
Possession of an appropriate California operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, and adequate automobile insurance; possession and maintenance of a good driving record (as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violation for at least a two-year duration) that does not contribute to an increase in UWCCR insurance rates.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Steve.Mclaughlin@uwccr.org. Only resumes with a cover letter will be reviewed.