Ideal Candidate & Benefits
The best candidate for United Way’s Leaders United program would be someone wanting to develop leadership skills, excited about giving back to their community, looking to diversify their professional skill set, up for a challenge and looking for a unique professional development opportunity.
United Way California Capital Region’s Leaders United Program strives to provide a unique opportunity for professional and personal development including:
- Leadership development
- Presentations and sales skills
- Public speaking
- Team building
- Time management training
- Exposure to Fortune 500 Companies
- Planning and organizing
- Serve as an essential part of a team that raises more than $12 million annually
- Participants in the Leaders United Program will:
- Attend weekly educational classes with local industry professionals. Topics include: Marketing & Social Media, Generational Motivation, Human Resources, Healthcare, Government, Legal Issues and Finance - plus updates on the state of local Nonprofits, Arts, and Sports sectors.
- Be assigned to a mentor from the United Way Board and have regular meetings with the region’s CEOs and top leaders.
- Participate in monthly volunteer projects.
- Run existing workplace campaign accounts and fundraisers for our community.
- Solicit new workplace campaign accounts for United Way California Capital Region and research Fortune 500 Companies for campaign interest.
- Support United Way California Capital Region’s campaign team with their campaigns by working at agency tabling events on assigned days and speaking at campaign events when needed.
- Weekly check-in calls and/or meetings with United Way California Capital Region