Department: Finance & Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hiring Manager Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Job Level: Manager
Employment Status: Full-time Regular
Primary Location: Sacramento, CA
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life 100% coverage for staff and dependents
- Salary range is $64,943.18 - $82,982.95 a year
At United Way California Capital Region (UWCCR), we believe creating stronger, healthier, more compassionate communities starts at Square One: Helping every family succeed so their community can too. Families know what they need to thrive. We are their partners on that path, connecting them with resources to achieve their goals. United Way California Capital Region is now working on an even larger scale to help families heal and meet our 20-year promise to significantly reduce poverty in the Capital Region. We are laying solid steppingstones on our path to help every family thrive and build a healthy community.
The Human Resources Manager will develop and administer all human resource initiatives and provide HR support to all departments. By developing and implementing various systems and maintaining positive relationships with vendors and internal staff, the HR Manager will help the organization to function effectively and efficiently. The HR Manager is responsible for developing and implementing new HR policies, consulting on current policies, and ensuring all HR processes are in compliance with local, state and federal laws. The ultimate goal is ensuring a company’s HR initiatives run smoothly, contribute to a healthy work environment and remain cost-effective as well.
Human Resources – 55%
- Drives an exceptional experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle from recruitment to termination. Have thorough knowledge of HR processes and procedures as it relates to the employee lifecycle. Assure downstream systems and functions receive information in a timely manner.
- Conducts full-cycle recruitment of new employees, including placing advertisements, developing contacts with recruiting sources, phone screening, consulting with internal hiring managers and managing orientation and onboarding process.
- Maintains job descriptions and salary info for all positions.
- Responsible for preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring departments, promoting, and terminating. Maintain all personnel files and other HR related folders.
- Partner with external HR consultant and attorneys on special projects as needed.
- Create SOPs for the HR department as it relates to processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the HR department is compliant with local laws and maintaining proper records applicable with local legal requirements. Periodically performs audits of personnel data and recommend any corrective action.
- Provide first-level support to employees and managers for all HR programs (i.e. personal development plans and performance management).
- Act as a consultant to managers and staff regarding policies and procedures.
- Provide support to management regarding employee relation issues. Point of contact for employees for all HR related matters.
- Assist with Labor Relations (Collective Bargaining). Liaison with local employee union, maintaining a professional and positive relationship with the union representatives. Works in conjunction with the President and CEO and a Senior Team member in helping to negotiate collective bargaining agreements and ensure the organization has current union contract on file. Responsible for ensuring wage step increases and wage opener salary increases (if applicable) for union members are processed accordingly via payroll. Responsible for entering union members’ dues via 3rd party software accordingly and providing payment info to the Union Dues Clerk.
Benefits and Payroll – 20%
- Administers the benefits and manage day-to-day activities associated with the organization’s benefits program including keeping a summary of all our current programs, managing the vendor relationships, reconciling payments with Finance, open enrollment process, and other activities that arise.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact and subject-matter-expert for UWCCR’s payroll, benefits, and HR system (Emplcity).
- Ensure all new hires are established in Emplcity including hire dates, titles, reporting relationships, pay rates, benefits (elective and employer provided).
- Ensure all new hires’ benefits are set up in third-party/provider sites where applicable.
- Administer all benefits including new hire setup, open enrollment, changes, renewals, and COBRA.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to Emplcity.
- Manage payroll process and work with managers to ensure timely process of every payroll cycle.
- Working with Finance, prepare, process, audit and submit bi-weekly payroll in payroll system.
- Manage all paid-time (PTO) usage, accruals, corrections, rollover, etc. in Emplcity
- Create and maintain periodic reports, such as W-2s, employee statistics, benefit accrual usage and vacation balances.
- Manage department and grant allocations for payroll expenses.
- Support team members with payroll-related questions.
- Work cross-functionally with the Finance Team to ensure communication flow, completed transactions, and annual benefit plan audits and tax filings.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – 20%
- Develops and executes the priority of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programming, including creating communications to various stakeholders to promote and coordinate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs, producing high quality deliverables in a timely manner, measuring and tracking program outcomes, managing internal inclusion-related trainings, and advising internal stakeholders regarding inclusion-related trends.
Additional Duties – 5%
• Assist with miscellaneous projects and requests on an as needed basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in HR, with a 3 years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to quickly evaluate and prioritize in a high-volume environment and juggle multiple priorities/projects.
- Self-starter and someone who takes the initiative to make process improvements and to solve problems.
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented and superior time management skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Exceptional ability to build strong relationships, collaborate, and elevate issues to the appropriate levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Communicate with staff, volunteers, donors, agencies, companies and other customers by telephone, email, and in face-to-face, one-to-one or group settings
- Use telephone, laptop, computer, monitor, mouse, keyboard, printer/copier, calculator and standard office equipment
- Sit at a desk for extended periods of time
- Lift and move objects up to 10 pounds such as large binders, boxes, books and small office equipment
- Have sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate and adjust office equipment such as telephone, computer, printer/copier, etc.
To apply for this position, please attach your cover letter, resume and complete the Indeed Application. Only applicants that submit all 3 items will be considered. No phone calls or emails to staff.