Reports to: Director of Finance
Department: Finance & Operations
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision 100% coverage
Salary: $62,400 annually
This position is accepting applications through Indeed. To apply: please visit the posting and click ‘Apply Now’ to attach your resume, cover letter and complete the Indeed Assessment (available after submission of resume and cover letter). Only applicants that submit all three items will be considered. No phone calls or emails to staff.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Administrator, Grants supports the mission of United Way California Capital Region (UWCCR) by tracking, compiling, and reporting data and financial information related to grant funding guidelines. This position will oversee the accounting, invoicing, and reporting functions related to grant funded awards and contracts. The position also takes responsibility for invoicing and reporting to the funders in collaboration with the development team and work as a liaison to ensure timely and accurate information is exchanged. In addition, certain monthly and annual closing responsibilities will belong to this position.
- Review, confirm, and maintain strong knowledge of all requirements outlined in contracts and Memorandum of Understanding documents and contracts involving grant-related activities.
- Maintain detailed records, invoices, and receipts of all expenses related to the operation of grants within portfolio.
- Collect and compile all result-related data including information regarding clients, volunteers, provided services and programming, referrals, collaborative meetings and partnerships.
- Compile and submit all reporting requirements as outlined by federal and state grants in accordance with mandated guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with partners, stakeholders, sub-grantees, contractors, and all parties involved in the execution of services to ensure smooth collaboration and information-sharing.
- Compile and manage contracts and agreements necessary to facilitate relationships with contractors and sub-grantees, as appropriate.
- Maintain strong relationships and communication with City, County, State and Federal officials and staff to relay information related to grant management and provided services.
- Works in collaboration with program directors and President/CEO in writing grants.
- Collaborates with the Director of Finance and President/CEO on grant income and grant expense amounts.
- Gathers statistics required by funding sources and assists program directors in monitoring measurable outcomes as required by funding sources.
- Seeks additional funding sources (grant or foundation) to support, expand, and develop new programming in alignment with the vision of the leadership team.
- Develops and manages system for tracking grant expenditures and receivables.
- Reviews and approves all grant related payment requests, bills, invoices, and statements.
- In cooperation with program directors, reviews all monthly financial reports, makes corrections to grant related income and revenue as needed, and communicates all changes to the Director of Finance.
- In cooperation with the Director of Finance and program directors, assists in the preparation of the annual program budget.
- Provides detailed financial reporting to internal stakeholders, and regularly meet to review.
- Prepares and provides financial reporting and invoicing to funding source partners.
- Review payment requests from subrecipients and resolves any discrepancies prior to approving payment.
- Provides various audit schedules to support audit activities.
- Prepares general ledger journal entries to record activities.
- Provides various audit schedules, answers auditor questions, and provides documentation to support the annual audit.
- Research and documents accounting transactions & resolves accounting discrepancies.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Finance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to communicate well in a variety of settings with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent organization and planning skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, time management, and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of current office practices, procedures, and safe work practices
- Able to react, organize and prioritize within a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Outstanding work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work independently with a high attention to detail
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word)
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in experience.
- 1-3 years related professional experience.
- Grant writing and administration experience required.
- Experience working with government grants (Federal, State etc.) preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit environment, desired.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Communicate with staff, volunteers, donors, agencies, companies and other customers by telephone, email, and in face-to-face, one-to-one or group settings
- Use telephone, laptop, computer, monitor, mouse, keyboard, printer/copier, calculator, and standard office equipment
- Sit at a desk for extended periods of time
- File and retrieve documents from a manual filing cabinet
- Work in an office environment, lift and move objects up to 51 pounds, such as large binders, books, boxes, and small office equipment. If over 51 pounds, assistance will be provided.
- Have sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate and adjust office equipment such as telephone, computer, printer/copier, and calculator
- Possession of an appropriate California operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, and adequate automobile insurance; possession and maintenance of a good driving record (as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violation for at least a two-year duration) that does not contribute to an increase in UWCCR insurance rates.