Golfers Take a Swing at Ending Poverty
11th Annual Golf Classic - June 11, 2021
Local leaders from across the region gathered for the 11th annual Golf Classic at Yocha Dehe Golf Club to support the Square One Project, United Way’s 20-year commitment to reduce poverty in our region by increasing the number of local kids who graduate from high school ready for college or career. United Way California Capital Region is thankful for everyone who made this event a success – from the golfers to sponsors and organizing committee. Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, golfers and community at large, we raised $58,000 for the Square One Project.
- First Place - Wendy Micel, Brad Barnard, Jack Mitchell, Ryan Little (Score: 59) Golden 1, Gold Sponsor
- Second Place - David Greenly, Jordan Greenly, Matt Greenly, Mark Igawa (Score: 60), US Bank, Platinum Sponsor
- Third Place - Ron Gostage, Russ Enyart, Gary Enyart, Todd Sweat (Score: 61)
- Closest to the Pin - Doug Bevier (1′ 4″), Clark Pacific, Gold Sponsor
- Longest Drive - Matt Greenly, US Bank; Julie Quinn, Deloitte
- Putting Challenge - Raul, Ryder Corrales (17.5″)
- Best Dressed - Karen & Scott Stone, First Northern, Gold Sponsor
- Grand Prize (PGA Waste Management Phoenix Open) – Russ Gostage
- Deluxe Prize (Torrey Pines Stay & Play Pack) - Mike Cox
Congratulations to all the winners of the tournament, challenges, raffles and drawings.
United Way was thrilled to welcome former NFL Linebacker Adrian Ross and Sacramento Republic FC players Tucker Bone, Dan Casey and Jordan McCrary to the tournament as celebrity golfers.
Save the Date
Thanks to the generosity of our community, we sold out of tickets within the first week of sales. Be sure to save the date for the 12th Annual Golf Classic: June 10, 2022.