Free Tax Prep Grant Associate
Reports to: Financial Stability Program Officer
Department: Community Impact
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (18-20 hours/wk.), grant-funded position, January through April 2019
Date: December 2018
Please apply by January 19, 2019
Reporting to the Financial Stability Program Officer and working collaboratively with the Free Tax Prep Program Coordinator and Associate, the Free Tax Prep Grant Associate will primarily be responsible for monthly reporting tasks relating to three State of California grants. The Associate will also help with organizational tasks for overall Free Tax Prep program operations.
This position consistently exercises a high degree of attention to detail, procedures, and deadlines.
- Work with key United Way staff and partners to develop and implement process for monthly grant reporting.
- Compile and submit report information in advance of monthly due dates.
- Assist with Free Tax Prep program logistics, including:
- Volunteer site assignments
- Volunteer hour log compilation
- Materials and equipment needed
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2+ years of grant administration and compliance work
- Knowledge of Free Tax Preparation program a plus
- Familiarity with community resources in the Sacramento/Capital Region a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to communicate well in a variety of settings with a variety of community and funder partners
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Able to react, organize and prioritize within a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Outstanding work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work independently with a high attention to detail
- Constant decision making and concentration
- High level of proficiency in various Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain a polished professional appearance
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Work in an office environment, lift and move objects up to 40 pounds such as large binders, books, boxes, and small office equipment
Possession of an appropriate California operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, and adequate automobile insurance; possession and maintenance of a good driving record (as evidenced by the absence of multiple or serious traffic violations for at least a two-year duration) that does not contribute to an increase in UWCCR insurance rates.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Amy Williamson at email@example.com. Only resumes with a cover letter and resume attached will be considered. No phone calls, please.