Free Internet, Equipment and Training for Eligible Households
What is being offered?
- Free broadband for up to 200 people for a year (via Comcast Internet Essentials or AT&T low-cost internet plan)
- Refurbished desktop and/or all-in-one computer
- Digital literacy training and other important learning resources
- Households in the Sacramento region who earn $30,000 or less, or families eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, housing assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, etc.
- Residents of the City of Sacramento
- Those residing within SMUD’s service area
“Thank you so much for the resources you have provided my family. A few months ago our computer broke, and we did not have the money to get it fixed. Now that we have a computer, I can apply to jobs and connect with my family and friends.” -Judy
How long will it take to process my application? It will typically take three weeks. Someone will email or call you once your application is reviewed and processed.
If I am selected to receive resources, am I able to receive a hotspot and a computer? Yes, if you are selected to receive resources, you can receive a hotspot and computer if you do not have internet and would prefer a hotspot over receiving broadband.
What if I only need one of the offered resources? You will receive the resource you need.