Be Our Food Vendor
Join United Way California Capital Region and Robla Community Association for the Robla Family Festival, a free family-friendly festival to kick off the school year. This community event attracts 200 local families and children and features local food, entertainment, businesses, nonprofits and neighborhood services. This event is produced in partnership with the Robla Community Association.
FESTIVAL VENDOR FAQs
• Event: Robla Family Festival
• When: Saturday, September 21, 2019
• Location: Robla Community Park, 625 Bell Ave, Sacramento, CA 95838
• Festival Hours: 10:00am – 1:00 pm
o Event Set up: 8 am – 9:30 am
o Event Tear down: 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
• Vendor Fees: There is no fee to participate in this community event.
• For more information: Contact Kula Koenig at Kula.Koenig@uwccr.org
Attendance & Food Cost: We estimate up to 250 people in attendance and are accepting approximately three to four food vendors. We would like to keep food offerings to no more than $10/person so that meals are accessible to all families.
• Booth space: 12’x12’ (1 larger space
available for food truck)
• Booth space does not have electricity and no wifi provided
• Plastic 6’ table and 2 chairs will be provided; NO TENT PROVIDED
• Vendor location will be assigned and provided upon check-in
• Booths must be completely set up by 9:30am
• All vendor booths should remain open until 1 p.m. when the event concludes
• The vendor is responsible for leaving the vendor area in the condition that it was originally received, i.e. removal of all debris such as boxes and trash
Limited parking is available at the park for guests. Overflow parking for vendors and exhibitors is available at Taylor Street Elementary School across Bell Avenue on Taylor Street. You may park to unload and then move your vehicle to the school for the duration of the event.
• Submit an application by August 26, 2019
• Limited vendor spaces are available; the event committee reserves the right to select the most appropriate vendors from the applicant pool to ensure a diverse mix of quality items.
• Upon festival confirmation, you will be given further instructions regarding event logistics.
• All vendors must be able to provide a current
Business License and Insurance
• United Way California Capital Region must be named as additionally covered on your insurance.
• Food Vendors must also: Be permitted with the Sacramento County Environmental Health Dept. as a Multi-Event Vendor (MEV) or a Food Truck (MFF) OR Be signed up with us as Temporary Food Facility (TFF) and provide to us a completed TFF Operator’s Packet (downloadable from the Sacramento County Environmental Health Dept.) Extra fees apply to TFFs.
EVENT SET UP & TEAR DOWN
• Vendor set-up is on Saturday, September 21
from 8:00 am until 9:30 am
• Food trucks must arrive on Saturday between 8:00am and 8:30 am to allow for positioning and be ready for 9am inspection.
• All vendors are responsible for tear down and clean-up of their booth space. Tear down is on Saturday, September 21 from 1 pm until 2:30 pm.
• All Vendors (excluding Food Trucks) will have
space for a 12×12 pop-up tent or canopy (unless additional space
is worked out in advance.)
• There will be limited space between vendor booths.
• Vendors are required to have items needed for their booth, including a tent/canopy, tables, chairs, etc.
• Electricity and other utilities are not provided.
• Additional information to follow after selection confirmation.
• External generators are not allowed.
Batteries are allowed, as are Food Trucks with on-board
• NO STYROFOAM or other non-recyclable or non-compostable item may be distributed. Please ask your supplier about “green” alternatives. Let’s avoid single use plastic!
• You must take all of your waste with you at the end of each day, or take it to one of our appropriate dumpsters. Do not fill our garbage containers in the park.
• Please have all of your necessary paperwork onsite.
• You cannot have your personal vehicles in the park after 9:30 am, after set up, please park on the street or at the school.
FOOD VENDOR REGULATIONS
• As stated in the previous FESTIVAL RULES,
please use eco-friendly alternatives for serving. Look into
having compostable spoons, forks, knives, cups, serving boats,
and straws! We have specific waste containers for compostable and
recyclable items. Help us replace our landfill items with
• Food vendors must dispose of their cooking waste off-site. United Way California Capital Region reserves the right to remove vendors who improperly dispose of waste-water, or grease.
• All Food Vendors must have a fire extinguisher. – Min. size: 2A 10 B: C-5lbs – Vendors with Deep Fat Fryer must have a K type extinguisher.