Administrative Assistant – Operations
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Department: Finance & Operations
Classification: Non Exempt, Full-Time, Union
Date: July 2019
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision 100% coverage for staff and dependents
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Administrative Assistant- Operations is responsible for providing broad support to the areas of Finance and Operations, Yolo County Area Director, and the Community Services Labor Liaison. This position works 4 days in the Sacramento Office and 1 day in the Woodland Office.
- Expense Reporting
- Campaign Processing, Payouts and Fundraising Activities
- General Office Support
- Other duties as assigned
- Expense Reporting
- Monitor AP@uwccr.org email and pull invoices out for payment or follow up.
- Input staff and vendor expense reports into third party system and ensure proper coding, totals, authorization and documentation. Work in conjunction with staff to correct errors with paperwork or within 3rd party software.
- Reconcile monthly credit card activity for Chief Operating Officer. Work in conjunction with COO to resolve and obtain missing items.
- Assist in monthly payouts (printing, stuffing checks, postage). Contact agencies regarding payouts, accounts, etc., if needed.
- Assist with campaigns, including mailings, outreach, follow up, prepare and assemble materials, and staff events.
- General Office Support
- Schedule meetings, trainings, etc., for supported staff.
- Attend meetings (when needed) and assist with meeting prep and reporting (minutes).
- Train new staff as needed on operational procedures.
- Check voicemail, make and return calls, as needed, for supported staff.
- Prepare documents and spreadsheets, and proofread for supported staff.
- Research pricing and purchasing.
- General customer service, including connecting public to UW resources.
- Process office incoming mail daily and distribute accordingly to staff.
- Maintain files for department, including regular filing.
- Manage equipment inventory and bi-annual disposal.
- Coordinate changes to staff intranet with COO and Marketing.
- Manage help tickets for operations, contact and schedule vendors and assure work has been completed. Including managing regular janitorial service.
- Serve as UPS Conference Room Liaison. Work with outside agencies on reservation, contract, payment, and day of use items including set up.
- Manage deadline, all team, and cleaning schedules, including updating signage and regular emails to designated staff.
- Manage supplies for kitchen and supply room. Including restocking.
- Participate actively and positively in department and organization team meetings
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of the 12th grade or equivalent
- 3+ years of related functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Accurately type 45 wpm
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to communicate well in a variety of settings with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, time management, and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of current office practices, procedures and safe work practices
- Able to react, organize and prioritize within a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Outstanding work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work independently with a high attention to detail
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word)
TYPICAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Communicate with staff, volunteers, donors, agencies, companies and other customers by telephone, email, and in face-to-face, one-to-one or group settings
- Use telephone, laptop, computer, monitor, mouse, keyboard, printer/copier, calculator and standard office equipment
- Sit at a desk for extended periods of time
- File and retrieve documents from a manual filing cabinet
- Lift and move objects up to 20 pounds such as large binders, boxes, books and small office equipment
- Have sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate and adjust office equipment such as telephone, computer, printer/copier and calculator
- Must have a California Operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Cynthia.Jimenez@uwccr.org. Only resumes with a cover letter and resume attached will be considered. No phone calls, please.