Day of Caring Event Details
Rally & Power Breakfast
Friday, September 13, 2013
Cal Expo – The Cove (enter at Main Gate – See map)
1600 Exposition Blvd.
8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
8 a.m. Check-in @ Cal Expo for Rally & Power Breakfast
Pick-up Volunteer packet*/ Day of Caring T-Shirt
8:20 a.m. Speaking Program begins
9 a.m. Breakfast ends/Head to volunteer projects
10 a.m. Volunteer projects begin
*Volunteer packet includes:
-Location and directions to project
-Volunteer Project Captain contact information
IMPORTANT: If for some reason you do not attend the rally/breakfast you will not be guaranteed a shirt or the most accurate location to your project (many projects are not located at their facility or can change). We also ask you to please not contact the nonprofit directly as this is a United Way facilitated event.
• Free parking is located in Lot B at Main Gate entrance (See map)
• This event is very active so please wear tennis shoes and clothes that you are not worried about getting dirty
• When you arrive you will receive a Day of Caring T-shirt worn by all participants.
• Every participant must turn in a completed waiver before they can begin their project. Download waiver!
• Please bring a completed waiver with you to the volunteer project site.
• You will turn in your completed waiver to your Volunteer Project Captain upon arrival.
When you arrive at the project site you will be greeted by a Volunteer Project Captain who will guide you and the group throughout the day.
Every participant is responsible for their own transportation.
Please limit your personal belongings as United Way and our nonprofit partners are not responsible for any missing or lost items.
The nonprofit you are volunteering at will provide you with lunch and water.
Check out our FAQ’s first. If you still have questions, contact Kaila Ricci at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-856-3910.