Each year, United Way California Capital Region asks local organizations to select one or more of their valued employees to participate in the Leaders United Program for an 18-week working session to assist in the annual campaign. Leaders United participants (LU’s) is an immersive program designed to develop today’s corporate and community leaders. Through panel discussions, skills-based volunteer opportunities and assessments, participants gain valuable relationships, cultural awareness, a better self-understanding and new skills they will bring back to their workplace
The Leaders United experience provides:
- Awareness of community issues facing the Capital Region and the impact on organizations and future leaders
- Development of a well-rounded understanding of various professional industries through educational classes. Topics include: Marketing, Human Resources, Consulting, Healthcare, Local/State Government, Legal Issues, and Finance
- A mentor from United Way’s Board and regular meetings with the region’s CEOs and top leaders
- Improvement of technical and leadership skills through deep engagement in raising funds for local nonprofits
- The opportunity to stretch outside of comfort zones to work with others, solve problems and drive results
- New insights about trust, authenticity, and character for future leadership growth
Who would be a good candidate for the Leaders United Program?
Someone who is:
- Wanting to develop leadership skills
- Excited about giving back to their community
- Looking to diversify their professional skill set
- Up for a challenge
- Looking for a unique professional development opportunity
United Way California Capital Region’s Leaders United Program strives to provide a unique opportunity for professional and personal development including:
- Leadership development
- Presentations and sales skills
- Public speaking
- Team building
- Time management training
- Exposure to Fortune 500 Companies
- Planning and organizing
- Serve as an essential part of a team that raises more than $12 million annually
Participants in the Leaders United Program will:
- Attend weekly educational classes with local industry
- Topics include: Marketing & Social Media, Generational Motivation, Human Resources, Healthcare, Government, Legal Issues and Finance – plus updates on the state of local Nonprofits, Arts, and Sports sectors.
- Be assigned to a mentor from the United Way Board and have regular meetings with the region’s CEOs and top leaders.
- Participate in monthly volunteer projects.
- Run existing workplace campaign accounts and fundraisers for our community.
- Solicit new workplace campaign accounts for United Way California Capital Region and research Fortune 500 Companies for campaign interest.
- Support United Way California Capital Region’s campaign team with their campaigns by working at agency tabling events on assigned days and speaking at campaign events when needed.
- Weekly check-in calls and/or meetings with United Way California Capital Region
My name is Damon Leardini, Customer Service Rep with SMUD.
During the graduation ceremony, we got the pleasure to hear from United Way CEO and president Stephanie Mclemore Bray, Board Member George Meyers, and past leaders United Participants.
To watch all of the Leaders United testimonials, check out our Youtube channel!
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Stacy Wolfenberger at email@example.com or at (916)856-3994.
My name is Danah Tedlos-Luzano, Customer Service Rep II with SMUD.
What do you enjoy most about working with the United Way Workplace Giving Campaign?
What I have enjoyed the most so far is learning about all the amazing organizations and nonprofits in our community that help and support children, individuals, and families in our region.