Each year, United Way California Capital Region asks local organizations to select one or more of their valued employees to participate in the Leaders United Program for an 18-week working session to assist in the annual campaign. Leaders United participants (LU’s) serve as an extension of the United Way Resource Development department and work full-time or part-time in United Way’s office from late July to early November.
The Leaders United experience provides:
- Awareness of community issues facing the Capital Region and the impact on organizations and future leaders
- Development of a well-rounded understanding of various professional industries through educational classes. Topics include: Marketing, Human Resources, Consulting, Healthcare, Local/State Government, Legal Issues, and Finance
- A mentor from United Way’s Board and regular meetings with the region’s CEOs and top leaders
- Improvement of technical and leadership skills through deep engagement in raising funds for local nonprofits
- The opportunity to stretch outside of comfort zones to work with others, solve problems and drive results
- New insights about trust, authenticity, and character for future leadership growth
Who would be a good candidate for the Leaders United Program?
Someone who is:
- Wanting to develop leadership skills
- Excited about giving back to their community
- Looking to diversify their professional skill set
- Up for a challenge
- A Unique Professional Development Opportunity
United Way California Capital Region’s Leaders United Program strives to provide a unique opportunity for professional and personal development including:
- Leadership development
- Presentations and sales skills
- Public speaking
- Team building
- Time management training
- Exposure to Fortune 500 Companies
- Planning and organizing
- Serve as an essential part of a team that raises more than $12 million annually
News & Events
What do you enjoy most about working with the United Way Workplace Giving Campaign?
What I have enjoyed the most so far is learning about all the amazing organizations and nonprofits in our community that help and support children, individuals, and families in our region.