Are you the next Firefighters Burn Institute’s team member?
Our certified nonprofit partner Firefighters Burn Institute is seeking to hire an Assistant to the Executive Director. Please see below for job description.
Description, compensation and benefits:
The Assistant to the Executive Director reports to the Executive Director. This position performs office managerial duties, coordinates volunteer and burn recovery programs, and provides support to all positions within the Firefighters Burn Institute. A successful candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented, able to manage time and staff efficiently, and has excellent verbal and written skills. The individual must also be extremely knowledgeable of the organization. This position will require some work to be performed outside of the regularly assigned work schedule and environment, including occasional evenings, weekends, holidays and outdoor events.
- Office Manager
- Programs Manager and Volunteer Coordinator
- Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar and appointments
- Represent the Executive Director (in his or her absence) at events throughout the community
- Assist all staff members with their projects
- Other duties will be assigned as required
This is a full-time, non-exempt position including medical, dental, and vision, disability, and retirement benefits. Salary is D.O.E.
Qualifications and job requirements:
Qualified applicants will be required to pass a criminal background check, including fingerprints; and have a valid California driver’s license with good driver history and proof of insurance.
Experience, Skills and Characteristics:
- 5+ years of office/management experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, preferably with a non-profit organization
- Public speaking ability
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and familiarity of PowerPoint, Publisher, Photoshop and Adobe (Operating System: Windows 7)
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize assignments
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional office appearance and demeanor
- Enthusiasm for accomplishing the charity’s goals and abiding by the mission and philosophy of the Firefighters Burn Institute
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds
About the organization:
The Firefighters Burn Institute is a non-profit 501© 3 organization founded by the Sacramento Area Firefighters, Local 522 in 1973 for the purpose of establishing a local burn treatment facility; providing recovery programs for burn survivors; promoting fire and burn prevention through public education; funding education for medical burn team professionals, firefighters, and burn survivors; and supporting burn treatment and rehabilitation research.
Please email a cover letter, including salary expectations, along with your resume to Jim Doucette at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include date of your availability and a statement indicating why you want to be considered for this position. Qualified individuals will be contacted.
The Firefighters Burn Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants in all of our employment practices regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, uniform service-member status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.