Nonprofits: Join us at the West Steps of the State Capitol
Our Promise: Statewide Kick-Off 2016
As certified nonprofit partner of United Way, we’d like to offer you the opportunity to participate in the Our Promise campaign kick-off event on August 30.
Our Promise: California State Employees Giving at Work is one of the largest employee giving campaigns in the nation. In 2015, 37,000 state employees raised $6.2 million for nonprofits.
This is your organization’s exclusive opportunity to meet with current and potential donors one-on-one, share volunteer opportunities and educate them about the important services you provide to the community.
Booths are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. The admission fee includes a table, 2 chairs, and optional tablecloth.The nonprofit fair is set-up outside in direct sunlight. Please make arrangements to bring a pop-up tent. See photos from last year’s event.
Tuesday, August 30
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
West Steps of the State Capitol, Sacramento
$20 – Nonprofit Booth (includes: table and two chairs)
$30 – Deluxe Nonprofit Booth (includes: table, two chairs and rental of tablecloth)
Agency Fair Details:
IMPORTANT: The nonprofit agency fair is set up outside in the direct sun. Please make arrangements to bring a pop-up tent.
- Early registration is encouraged. The number of booth spaces is limited.
- We encourage nonprofit representatives to bring a smartphone.
- There will be a prize for the best decorated booth and most interactive booth on social media this year!
- Be prepared to bring various printed materials and give-aways for 500+ guests. Your table is open to the public at the State Capitol.
- Booths are arranged in alphabetical order.
- We recommend bringing your organization’s branded tablecloth.
- We recommend that the executive director and one other staff person be present at the booth.
- We are NOT providing lunch for guests or nonprofit representatives. Please plan on bringing or purchasing your lunch.
- Plan on bringing water with you as this event is usually a warm one.
- At least one nonprofit agency representative must be present at their table during the hours that guests are visiting the nonprofit agency booths (see the schedule below).
- We do not provide power for any electronic devices.
- If you have animals, they are allowed if you have them on a leash.
- Money is not allowed to be exchanged on Capitol grounds. No selling of any goods is permitted.
- We will provide all attendees with a bag for all agency materials and promotional items.
10 a.m. Set up your nonprofit booth
11 a.m. Nonprofit fair start time
1 p.m. Tear-down
You can temporarily park in front of the West Steps of the Capitol to unload.
The closest parking garage is located on 10th & L Street.
For more information please contact Stefanie Stenklyft at 916-856-3990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.