Leaders United Program
Each year, United Way California Capital Region asks local organizations to select one or more of their valued employees to participate in the Leaders United Program for an 18-week working session to assist in the annual campaign. Leaders United participants (LU’s) serve as an extension of the United Way Resource Development department and work full time or part time in United Way’s office from late July to early November.
The Leaders United experience provides:
- Awareness of community issues facing the Capital Region and the impact on organizations and future leaders
- Development of a well-rounded understanding of various professional industries through educational classes. Topics include: Marketing, Human Resources, Consulting, Healthcare, Local/State Government, Legal Issues, and Finance
- A mentor from the United Way Board and have regular meetings with the region’s CEOs and top leaders
- Improvement of technical and leadership skills through deep engagement in raising funds for local nonprofits
- The opportunity to stretch outside of comfort zones to work with others, solve problems and drive results
- New insights about trust, authenticity, and character for future leadership growth
Who would be a good candidate for the Leaders United Program?
Someone who is:
- Wanting to develop leadership skills
- Excited about giving back to their community
- Looking to diversify their professional skill set
- Up for a challenge
A Unique Professional Development Opportunity
United Way California Capital Region’s Leaders United Program strives to provide a unique opportunity for professional and personal development including:
- Leadership development
- Presentations and sales skills
- Public speaking
- Team building
- Time management training
- Exposure to Fortune 500 Companies
- Planning and organizing
- Serve as an essential part of a team that raises more than $12 million annually
Who do I contact if I want to participate or are unable to send a Leader, but wish to remain involved?
For more information about the Leaders United Program, please contact Stacy Wolfenberger at 916-856-3994 or firstname.lastname@example.org.