Campaign Executive, Private Sector
Position Title: Campaign Executive
Reports to: Senior Development Manager & Training Officer
Temporary Position: August 18, 2014 – November 7, 2014
Under general supervision of the Senior Development Manager & Training Officer, this temporary full-time position is responsible for the management of assigned employee workplace giving campaigns during the 2014-15 United Way California Capital Region Campaign. The Campaign Executive will work with companies located throughout the California Capital Region by managing new and existing relationships, assisting them with their campaigns, supporting volunteers within the companies, and serving as an ambassador for the United Way in the community. Campaign Executives will communicate United Way’s message to potential donors, both in small and large group settings.
Mandatory training is scheduled from August 18, 2014 to August 20, 2014.
The program consists of approximately 40 hours per week for 12 weeks starting August 18, 2014 and ending on November 7, 2014.
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of assigned accounts representing companies throughout the California Capital Region
- Help implement annual campaign strategies to meet growth objectives within assigned portfolio
- Partnering with United Way volunteers to visit with CEO’s
- Develop and improve relationships with employee campaign coordinators
- Develop and prepare campaign communications and marketing materials supporting the campaign
- Prepare and conduct fundraising presentations with senior managers, employees and other nonprofits
- Provide excellent customer/donor service
- Seek opportunities to market and promote United Way
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on both written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends
- Work in an office environment, lift and move objects up to 40 pounds such as large binders, books, boxes, campaign materials, etc.
- Have sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate and adjust office equipment such as a telephone, computer and calculator
- Ability to maintain a polished professional appearance
- Public speaking experience, being able to conduct presentations with positive and motivational energy to audience sizes greater than 100 people
- Demonstrated excellence in prioritizing, problem solving organizational skills, delivering customer satisfaction, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in internet research skills, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and databases
- A valid California driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and access to a reliable vehicle. Frequent travel throughout the California Capital Region is required
- A team player who can work in a fast paced, results driven, diverse environment, lead diverse groups of people and exhibit good judgment
- Project management skills and attention to details
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related work experience a plus
- Multi-lingual skills are a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
Possession of an appropriate California operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, and adequate automobile insurance; possession and maintenance of a good driving record (as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violation for at least a two-year duration) that does not contribute to an increase in UWCCR insurance rates.