We’re hiring for Marketing Administrative Support
Reports to: Senior Director, Marketing & Communications
Department: Resource Development & Marketing
Application deadline: 02/10/2017
Open Position: Marketing Administrative Support
Classification: Non-exempt bargaining unit level VII
The marketing department at United Way California Capital Region is hiring for an administrative support position – someone who is detail-oriented and has a positive, can-do attitude. The position will support the senior director of marketing and communications, and marketing and events manager in the department’s efforts to effectively tell United Way’s story, communicate with stakeholders, and drive donations and volunteerism.
About United Way
United Way California Capital Region is working to end poverty in the Sacramento region starting in school. We believe that education is key to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our goals are to keep kids in school and on track, set high expectations for what they can accomplish, and ensure their support systems are strong.
- Administrative support for marketing team
- Event support for all organization events including: RSVP tracking, material prep, guest correspondence, etc.
- Event support for United Way’s action groups (Women in Philanthropy, Young Leaders Society and Retiree Giving Club).
- Event tracking in Andar (donor database)
- Online Donation Tracking
- Direct Mail support
- Website content maintenance (article updates, media hits on site, action group membership Lists, committee updates, etc.)
- Check requests for marketing
- Marketing committee support including: putting together and copying meeting packets, room readiness, RSVPs and minutes.
- Stationery ordering
- Incentive ordering
Example of Duties
- Performs technical accounting work in areas of accounts receivable or accounts payable.
- Maintains accounting records, organizes accounting and financial records, prepares entries, ledgers, checks and routine financial documents.
- Maintains and supports complex databases, codes and enters information, writes reports to extra information and prepare statistical or other reports.
- May provide complex support to diversified departments by:
- Taking minutes for, scheduling, arranging and organizing agencies, staff for United Way standing committees.
- Developing and maintaining a filing system.
- Composing and processing routine documents and correspondence.
- May provide clerical support in the processing of meeting notices, agendas, updating and maintaining rosters, coordinating, scheduling and setting up meetings, training sessions and functions.
- Be knowledgeable of United Way activities and functions in order to respond to volunteers, donors and team members.
- May provide clerical support to and assist in the coordination of United Way workplace programs.
- Acts as a lead clerical team member to the department assigned including maintenance of files, review applications, campaigns, brochure listing and other general duties related to this area.
- Draft correspondence.
- Develop and maintain diversified department program information.
- Inform the Leadership Team of issues of importance and controversy related to United Way.
- Provide lead team member coordination of support functions and/or special functions as assigned.
- Perform other project services as assigned.
Typical Physical Activities
- Communicate orally with donors, vendors, co-workers and the public in face-to-face, one-to-one settings, by telephone and in group settings.
- Read written documents and use computer monitor.
- Sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Insert and retrieve documents from a manual filing cabinet.
- Work in an office environment, life and move objects up to 10 lbs. such as large binders, books and small office equipment.
- Have sufficient finger/hand coordination and dexterity to operate and adjust office equipment such as telephone, computer/word processor and calculator.
Possession of an appropriate California Operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Possession and maintenance of a good driving record as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violations or accidents due to at least a two-year duration and does not contribute to an increase on United Way’s insurance rates.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Organization problem solving and time management skills.
- Utilize software applications, including advance level Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and use standard office equipment.
- English grammar and usage.
- Safe work practices
- Proofread and edit grammar, punctuation, spelling and syntax.
- Type accurately 45 wpm.
- Follow complex verbal and written directions and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Use software applications including Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and use standard office equipment.
- Utilize and maintain skills on all up to date computer equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, volunteers, agencies, vendors and co-workers.
- Read and understand basic information and transcribe material from handwritten rough drafts.
- Learn and perform a variety of office support assignments and prioritize multiple tasks with constant interruptions.
- Work comfortable in a high activity environment.
Desirable Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience which would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities in qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be: Completion of the 12th grade or equivalent and three years experience in general office practices.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Allison Moore, Senior Director of Marketing & Communications to email@example.com by 5 p.m. (PST) on Friday, February 10.