Super Saturday FREE Tax Events 2016-2017
Can't file your taxes on a weekday? Get free tax filing assistance on a Saturday
Get FREE in-person tax filing assistance at VITA Super Saturday events. At the events you’ll have an opportunity to meet with a certified tax professional who can help determine if you qualify for special tax credits.
Upcoming Super Saturday Events
- Jan. 28, Feb. 25 and Apr. 1, Grant Union High School (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Apr. 8, Apr. 9 and Apr. 15 Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Feb. 4, Placer County Dept of Health & Human Services (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Feb. 4 and Mar. 4, Mar. 25, Hiram Johnson High School (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Feb. 11 , California State University Sacramento (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Feb. 25, Deptartment of Human Assistance (DHA-Fulton)
(9a.m. – 3 p.m.) – Russian
- Mar. 11, La Familia Maple Neighborhood Center
(9a.m. – 3 p.m.) – Spanish and English
- Feb. 11 and Mar. 11, SEIU Local 1000 (9a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Feb. 11, Robla Elementary School (9a.m. – 3 p.m.) - Spanish and English
- Mar. 18, Valley High School (9a.m. – 3p.m.)
*Call 2-1-1 or (916) 498-1000 or visit www.freetaxhelp.us to schedule your appointment.
If your household income was $54K or less in 2016, you may qualify for VITA services and could earn up to $6K through the state and federal Earned Income Tax Credits. If you owe taxes, the EITC reduces the amount of taxes you might owe and may allow you a refund when you file your taxes. If you do not owe taxes, the EITC tax credit will provide you with a tax refund when you file your taxes.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is a national program that offers free help for those who make a limited income and need help preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic tax return preparation with electronic filing. VITA volunteers inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
The local VITA coalition (Sacramento Coalition for Working Families), led by United Way, also offers myfreetaxes.com to help save money and file taxes online for free, saving hundreds of dollars in tax preparation fees. The qualifying household income for the FREE online site is $64K or less in 2016.
For an additional list of VITA weekday dates, locations and times click here or call 2-1-1.