Sacramento Summer Meals Collaborative
In early 2016, the Sacramento Summer Meals Collaborative was formed to bring together the region’s Summer Food Service Program Sponsors and community advocates to collaborate on ways to increase the involvement of youth in summer programs, raise awareness about summer meals and community feeding/meal sites, develop and implement a region-wide outreach and marketing plan, and provide sites and sponsors with a best practices toolkit including topics ranging from meal ordering to improved summer programming.
We encourage anyone interested in addressing childhood hunger during the summer to join our collaborative. Our next meeting will be held in February 2018.
For more information about joining the collaborative, contact Sayla Elsbree-Kraft or (916) 856-3997.
We especially hope to hear from:
- Local leaders from neighborhoods and city or county government
- Representatives from schools including principals, teachers, nutrition staff
- Leaders from community organizations that work with kids during the summer
- Previous Summer Food Service program sponsors or site staff
- Parents or community members who want to help kids this summer
Check out the Sacramento Summer Lunchbox, a toolkit for sponsors and sites to promote their summer meals program. The toolkit includes more than 100+ activities for keeping kids engaged and coming back!
We encourage anyone interested in addressing childhood hunger during the summer to join our collaborative. Our next meeting will be held: Friday, February 23, 2018 at the Arden Arcade Branch Library from 9 a.m. – 12 a.m.