Experience Corps Volunteer Reading Tutor Information
What does it mean to volunteer to help kids read?
As an AARP Foundation Experience Corps volunteer you are working as a partner in assisting schools reach their student achievement goals. After training, you will have the opportunity to assist students in small groups, two times a week throughout the school year.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Help students read at grade level (or even beyond!)
- Receive specific training prior to volunteering
- Provide consistent support to the same school and classroom over the course of the school year
- Receive on-going training and volunteer support
- Have the opportunity to meet and network with fellow volunteers
Experience Corps specifically recruit adults who are 50+ years of age to be tutors. Volunteer tutors serve in teams with a higher commitment of hours per week, approximately 2 days per week, 2-3 hours per day. This allows the program to have a greater presence and impact on the school environment because there is consistency, dedication and reliability.
For questions, please call 916-856-3972 or email email@example.com.