Celebrating our dedicated volunteers
National Volunteer Week April 23 – 29
United Way would not exist without the tremendous support of our volunteers. From our board of directors and action group members to Experience Corps reading tutors and AmeriCorps VISTAS, volunteers provide a strong support system for children and families through United Way’s Square One Project.
- Monday, April 24: Learn more about how organized labor works tirelessly to help individuals and families.
- Tuesday, April 25: Find out how certified volunteer tax preparers made an impact this tax season through our VITA program.
- Wednesday, April 26: Read why AmeriCorps VISTAs dedicate a summer or a year of their lives to bringing change to local communities.
- Thursday, April 27: Helping kids learn to read is their mission. Find out what opportunities are available to volunteers age 50+ through AARP Experience Corps, led locally by United Way.
- Friday, April 28: Meet our Board of Directors, a dynamic group of local leaders who develop and oversee United Way’s mission, vision and policies.
- Saturday, April 29: More than a networking group, our Women in Philanthropy and Young Leaders Society members raise money, give their time, and lend their expertise. Learn more about their impact.
Interested in joining our family of volunteers? There are dozens of opportunities to get involved in our community, click here to find the right opportunity for you.