Become a member of our Tocqueville Society
United Way California Capital Region’s Tocqueville Society is a powerful group of local business and civic leaders who individually contribute $10,000 or more and share a similar passion for improving people’s lives – personally and collectively.
The Tocqueville Society recognizes local philanthropic leaders and volunteer champions around the world who have devoted time, talent, and funds to create long-lasting changes by tackling our communities’ most serious issues. Membership in the Tocqueville Society is granted to individuals who contribute at least $10,000.00 annually to United Way.
Membership provides unique professional growth, networking and mentoring opportunities; individual and family volunteer events; community impact partner site visits; and invitations to attend social events including quarterly Tocqueville Breakfasts.
Benefits for Tocqueville Society:
- Exclusive Tocqueville Lunches: speakers series highlighting corporate, political, and nonprofit issues with the Capital Region’s most influential leaders
- Tours of program sites: see your dollars and the movement in action by touring and meeting the beneficiaries of United Way’s projects
- Opportunity to mentor young leaders through United Way’s Young Leaders Society
- Opportunity to join United Way’s Women in Philanthropy group
- Reception for new members hosted by Tocqueville Society Chair
- Personal philanthropic account that allows you to hold your gift to be distributed and allocated as you prefer throughout the year
- Opportunity for legacy giving
- Family friendly volunteer activities
- Priority access to other corporate and social events involving members from our 5 county region (Amador, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento and Yolo counties)
- Opportunity to join one of United Way’s Impact Councils
- Annual Recognition event
- Recognition on website
- Monthly newsletter
- Ability to inspire others by setting a significant level of giving
Interested in joining? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org