Wanted: A nonprofit project with lasting impact on the region
Leadership Sacramento is looking to support a local nonprofit in development and completion of an innovative project throughout 2014. Read on for information on who we’re looking to work with, what we’d like to accomplish together, and how you can get involved.
Who is eligible?
If you are a nonprofit within the six-county Sacramento region (Sacramento, El Dorado, Placer, Sutter, Yuba and Yolo), we want to hear from you! The fine print: To be eligible, nonprofits must be members in good standing of the Sacramento Metro Chamber or willing to become a member, as well as have their own 501(c)3 status.
Who are we?
We are a team of 38 professionals from a variety of businesses from around the region. The year-long interactive Leadership Sacramento program, developed and run through the Sacramento Metro Chamber, provides a behind-the-scenes understanding of the issues that impact the region’s economic prosperity and quality of life, and culminates in the completion of a community betterment project.
What, exactly, are we looking for?
We’re looking for a project that will have lasting impact on the region. If the following description fits your team and your project, we’ll be off to a great start:
1. Your project has a clear objective and your team is passionate about doing something great.
2. The project can reasonably be completed by December 2014.
3. The project is sustainable in that it can live beyond 2014 and will continue to impact lives in coming years.
4. The project directly affects the Sacramento region by providing a critical service to the community, and/or a defined population within the region.
What’s the process?
Sound like something you’re interested in? Please complete and submit a Letter of Interest by 5 p.m. on Thursday, January 30th. We know–it’s a short deadline. We hope that will inspire you to submit a compelling, high-level overview of your concept as opposed to a fully developed proposal.
• Jan. 30: Deadline to submit a Letter of Interest.
• Feb. 3: All finalists will be selected and notified, and interview appointments will be set.
• Feb. 6: A representative from your organization must be available to meet with the Leadership Sacramento selection committee for an informal 15-minute interview between 3 – 4:30 p.m. in downtown Sacramento.
• Feb. 14: Final project recipient will be notified.
If you have any questions about the Leadership Sacramento project or this process, please email us at LeadershipSacramento14@gmail.com