Are you the next Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services team member?
Our certified nonprofit partner Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services has a job opening for a Development Officer. Please see below for job description.
About the organization:
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers six diverse programs at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 40 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Development Officer will work with the Development and Communication Director to support fundraising efforts at SFBFS. The Development Officer performs duties which include maintaining relationships with existing donors, soliciting new supporters, analyzing and mining the donor database and implementing a general fundraising strategy for the organization. This position is responsible for grant research along with administrative tasks related to SFBFS’ capital campaign and planned giving.The Development Officer is responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintain relationships with donors, both financial and in-kind, to ensure the stability and growth of SFBFS’ financial future
- Provide strong stewardship to existing donors with a goal of increasing their financial gifts
- Manage administrative tasks associated with capital campaign and planned giving
- Oversee donor management system (Donor Perfect Online)
- Cultivate new donors
- Work with a team to research and manage prospective grants
- Provide content for donor communication: appeals, thank you letters, e-newsletters, etc.
- Support fundraising events, including sponsorships
- Manage third party fundraisers
- 2+ years fund development experience, database management experience
- Strong commitment to donor-focused fundraising strategies
- Robust written, oral and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Team member oriented
- Bachelor’s degree
- Development Officer reports directly to the Development and Communications Director and supervises the Database Manager
- Full time, exempt position; Monday through Friday with occasional weekends
- Health, vision, dental and retirement benefits
- Salary commensurate upon experience
Please submit resume, cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com by September 30, 2013.