Run to Feed the Hungry
Benefiting the Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services
United Way California Capital Region certified nonprofit partner Sacramento Food Bank and Family services presents the18th annual Run to Feed the Hungry! This is event has become a family tradition for thousands of regional families and runners in California. All proceeds benefit Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services.
Run to Feed the Hungry will attract over 27,000 participants this year. We invite you and your family and friends to join us for our 18th annual event on Thanksgiving Morning, November 24th.
- WHAT: 10K Run & 5K Run/Walk
- WHEN: Thanksgiving Morning – Thursday, November 24, 2011— Rain or Shine!10k – 8:35 a.m. ; 5k – 9:00 a.m.
- WHERE: The race starts on “J” Street just West of the entrance to the Sacramento State campus and runs through the beautiful tree lined streets of East Sacramento.
- FEES: Adults: $35* Children (15 & under): $20 Virtual Runners: $35 Teams Members: $50; Adults (Timed): $40; Children (15 & under, Timed): $25
- * If you would like to receive an official time for your run, there is an additional fee of $5 for your timing tag.
- Pre-Registration Packet Pickup – available Sunday, November 20 through Wednesday, November 23 at Sacramento REI Store during published hours. See Pre-Registration & Packet Pickup.
- Race Day Registration 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. at the far end of the esplanade when entering Sac State from J Street, in front of the turn-around.
- All pre-registered runners and walkers are guaranteed a gender-specific long-sleeved technical t-shirt in their size and while we intend to order enough shirts for all participants, there is no guarantee that Race Day registrants will receive a shirt or their desired size.
RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Pre-registration Packet Pickup on Race Day 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. on the right of the esplanade when you enter Sac State from J Street.
- Please note: Race day registrants will not be timed.
Race Start Times 10k – 8:35 a.m. 5k – 9:00 a.m. All 5k Fun Run/Walkers and those with strollers & baby joggers will follow behind the 5k runners.