20th Annual Run To Feed The Hungry
Just 10 days remain until the gun goes off at Western Health Advantage’s 20th annual Run to Feed the Hungry. Celebrate one of Sacramento’s greatest traditions by participating in either the 10K run (8:30 a.m. start) or 5K run/walk (9 a.m.) on Thanksgiving Day. A beautiful course though East Sacramento is ready for participants of all ages and abilities.A turnout of 28,000 participants is expected on November 28. The race launches from the J Street entrance of Sac State and the post-race celebration occurs at Scottish Rite Masonic Center on H Street. Individuals can register at www.runtofeedthehungry.com.
Online registration is open through November 27 (night before) at www.runtofeedthehungry.com Registration is $35 per person, $20 for children 15 and under. Timing chips an additional $5 (only 7,000 available). Day of registration (7-9am) is $40 and no timing chips will be available. Participants who donate $50 or more at time of registration will receive a commemorative Run to Feed the Hungry beanie (see the photo).
Out of town on Turkey Day? In charge of preparing the holiday meal? Register as a Virtual Runner – participants still receive a bib and long-sleeved t-shirt, but can skip the running part.
Packet pick up begins on Saturday, November 23 at Sacramento REI (near Cal Expo). Participants may pick up their Run to Feed the Hungry shirt, bib number and timing chip, if applicable:
• Saturday 11/23 – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Sunday 11/24 – 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Monday 11/25 – 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
• Tuesday 11/26 – 10 am – 9 p.m.
• Wednesday 11/27 – 10 am – 6 p.m.
Tips for participants:
- Register early. A shirt in your requested size is only guaranteed if you register by November 22.
- Free parking is available on the Sac State campus. Arrive early to avoid running to the start line. To help with traffic flow, police will open west bound lanes on J Street after the 5K start. See map.
- Leave valuables, and pets, at home.
- Join us for food, water and live music at the post-race celebration immediately after the event.
- Pick a meeting spot for families and friends walking or running at different paces.
About Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services:
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services is a local, privately funded, non-profit organization serving families in need since 1976. A staff of 40 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting those in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self- sufficiency and financial independence. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.