California Capital Region Education Collaborative
help increase high school graduation rates in the California Capital Region
Reminder, the California Capital Region Education Collaborative will meet on June 6 from 2 – 4 p.m. at United Way, 10389 Old Placerville Road, Sacramento 95827 in the Intel Conference room. RSVP your attendance by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come learn about FAST (Families and Schools Together) and preview both the Collaborative brochure and our draft plan for providing free supplies to schools.
FAST is a nationally and internationally recognized, Parent & Youth Engagement program with tailored components for Elementary, Middle and Senior High Schools. We will hear about the Middle School FAST. It is an innovative, collaborative, research-based program that involves middle school youth with their parents and whole families to systematically build multiple levels of protective factors against school failure, violence, delinquency, and substance abuse.
Program outcomes include: Improved classroom behaviors, Improved home behaviors, Increased youth self esteem, Increased family cohesiveness, Increased parent involvement in school, Increased parent self-sufficiency, and Reduced social isolation.
• Connect parents and kids to their schools and communities
• Promote community service and voluntary participation
• Guide parents in building personal success assets in their kids
• Build skills and change attitudes through experiential learning
• Preserve precious classroom time through school-focused, extracurricular parental involvement
Don’t forget to RSVP your attendance by replying to email@example.com.