Loaned Executive Program
Each year, local companies participate in United Way California Capital Region’s Loaned Executive Program by providing qualified employees to United Way to assist in our annual campaign. Loaned Executives (LE’s) serve as an extension of the United Way Resource Development department and work full time or part time in United Way’s office from late July to early November.
The Loaned Executive experience provides:
- Growth opportunities through leadership and team building experiences
- Extensive development of public speaking, sales & marketing, and relationship management skills
- Immersion in a fast paced Resource Development department during the height of our fundraising campaign
- Participation in a 17 week program set to include a series of training and workshops with some of the region’s top training professionals
- Site visits to regional and funded partner nonprofit agencies to gain insight into community needs
Who would be a good candidate for the Loaned Executive Program?
- Emerging leaders who want to build their project management and sales skills
- Middle managers looking for an opportunity for growth
- Retiring executives who are seeking transition
A Unique Professional Development Opportunity
United Way California Capital Region’s Loaned Executive Program strives to provide a unique opportunity for professional development and growth, including:
- Intensive public speaking training
- Up to 40 public speaking engagements on behalf of United Way
- Relationship management responsibilities for 50-70 campaign accounts
- Hours of professional development/skills training on various topics
- Serve as an essential part of a team that raises more than $12 million annually
If our company is unable to loan a person, how can we participate?
For more information about the Loaned Executive Program, please contact Amber Lovett at 916-856-3913 or firstname.lastname@example.org.